Date(s) - 08/04/2018
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Farnborough Air Sciences Trust
Trenchard House, 85 Farnborough Road
Region: Central South
April 8th 2018 NB: Please note this is the 2nd Sunday as the 1st Sunday falls on the Easter weekend.
Meet at 12 noon for a visit to FAST – Farnborough Air Science Trust. See http://www.airsciences.org.uk/ for more information
The plan is to meet at a pub first for lunch, then go on to the FAST museum.
Admission is free, however donations would be most welcome to keep this important museum going. Car parking is also free – with plenty of spaces.
Access is from J4 / 4A from the M3 on the A325 Farnborough Road.
The museum is dedicated to Farnborough’s proud aviation heritage and significant contribution to air science and research, and offers an important educational resource as well as an entertaining and stimulating day out for anyone interested in aviation history and scientific progress. IN BRIEF You can see on display:
- Aircraft, or parts of aircraft, nose sections and cockpits of historical and scientific interest
- Displays of original RAE research and development
- Photographs spanning the history of Farnborough’s aviation site
- Photographs and documents relating to military and civil aviation
- Artefacts illustrating landmarks in technical achievement
- Examples of pioneering materials development e.g. carbon fibre
- Jet engines and helicopter rotors
- Fully working demonstration wind tunnel
- Scale models
- Full size replica of the Cody Flyer and flight simulation
Please contact Katie Jones if you are planning on coming so we keep our group together, by email, message on answerphone or text. Details are: email@example.com 01425 477635 or 07850 014194